E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Research Process: Inferential Results – 7
- Discuss the three general purposes for using statistical tests in a quantitative study and identify one statistical test from each group.
Most important statistical tests Statistical test Description Fisher’s exact test Suitable for binary data in unpaired samples: The 2 × 2 table is used to compare treatment effects or the frequencies of side effects in two treatment groups Chi-square test Similar to Fisher’s exact test (albeit less precise). Can also compare more than two groups or more than two categories of the outcome variable. Preconditions: sample size ca. >60; expected number in each field 5 McNemar test Preconditions similar to those for Fisher’s exact test, but for paired samples Student’s t-test Test for continuous data. Investigates whether the expected values for two groups are the same, assuming that the data are normally distributed. The test can be used for paired or unpaired groups Analysis of variance Test preconditions as for the unpaired t-test, for comparison of more than two groups. The methods of analysis of variance are also used to compare more than two paired groups Wilcoxon’s rank sum test (also known as the unpaired Wilcoxon rank sum test or the Mann–Whitney U test) Test for ordinal or continuous data. In contrast to Student’s t-test, does not require the data to be normally distributed. This test too can be used for paired or unpaired data Kruskal–Wallis test Test preconditions as for the unpaired Wilcoxon rank sum test for comparing more than two groups Friedman test Comparison of more than two paired samples, at least ordinal scaled data Log rank test Test of survival time analysis to compare two or more independent groups Pearson correlation test Tests whether two continuous normally distributed variables exhibit linear correlation
- Explain what probability means.
- What does p<.05 mean?
- If the p =.15, what statement would you expect to see in the conclusion section of the research report with regard to the research and statistical hypotheses?
- Briefly explain the value of using confidence intervals in study results. Support your answers with rationale from your text.
Click here to ORDER an A++ paper from our MASTERS and DOCTORATE WRITERS
Your assignment woes end here!
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched for a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill out our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications, and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
ORDER NOW FOR AN ORIGINAL PAPER ASSIGNMENT
1. Click on the “Order Now” on the Main Menu and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section and the system will calculate your order price/cost.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
100% Reliable Site. Make this your Home of Academic Papers.
SCORE A+ WITH HELP FROM OUR PROFESSIONAL WRITERS: ORDER NOW FOR AN ORIGINAL PAPER ASSIGNMENT
Always Order High-Quality Academic Papers from HERE
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
We will process your orders through multiple stages and checks to ensure that what we are delivering to you, in the end, is something that is precise as you envisioned it. All of our essay writing service products are 100% original, ensuring that there is no plagiarism in them. The sources are well-researched and cited so it is interesting. Our goal is to help as many students as possible with their assignments, i.e. our prices are affordable and services premium.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paper
Your assignment woes end here!