E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
BMI Score Project
I’m working on a java project and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
You are working as a software developer for a large insurance company. Your company is planning to migrate the existing systems from Visual Basic to Java and this will require new calculations. You will be creating a program that calculates the insurance payment category based on the BMI score.
Your Java program should perform the following things:
- Take the input from the user about the patient name, weight, birthdate, and height.
- Calculate Body Mass Index.
- Display person name and BMI Category.
- If the BMI Score is less than 18.5, then underweight.
- If the BMI Score is between 18.5-24.9, then Normal.
- If the BMI score is between 25 to 29.9, then Overweight.
- If the BMI score is greater than 29.9, then Obesity.
- Calculate Insurance Payment Category based on BMI Category.
- If underweight, then insurance payment category is low.
- If Normal weight, then insurance payment category is low.
- If Overweight, then insurance payment category is high.
- If Obesity, then insurance payment category is highest.
- Implement exception handling.
- Store all the information in the file. You need to use the loop and keep asking users to enter patient name, height, weight, and birthdate. Your program should calculate BMI Category and Insurance payment category and write it to the file. Your program should stop once user enter q character.